Monday, November 2, 2009

World Cup/Olympic Trials

Last week had ups and downs during the World Cup Competition. As mentioned, my 500m race went better than expected and I was happy with it. That was Wednesday.

Thursday hit a minor glitch that I was not anticipating in my 1000m and 5000m. I had a bad day and did not want that to happen during a competition. Does anyone? Friends called me up and made sure I got out.  I need not dwell on what happened, but prepare and be ready for the next competiton day.

Friday was a rest day and I took this time to regroup and refocus on the next day.

Saturday held the 1500m races and I fought back. I was paired with Chad and we pushed eachother to grind out a good race. I finished third and secured a spot on the 1500m World Cup Team.







Sunday also secured me a spot on the 1000m World Cup Team with a third place finish. My 10000m left me with an 8th place finish, but I was happy to make the team in the other distances as well as a Team Pursuit spot.

It wasn't pretty, but it worked.

Thank you to my family and all the friends from back home that made the trip out to Milwaukee! It was so good to see everyone and your support meant so much!

I will be traveling to Berlin, Germany for the first World Cup event! I will keep you posted!


Warming up: Photo by Kelly Pugliano


























Signing autographs after 1500m.
Photo by Kelly Pugliano



Me and coach Paul Marchese
Photo by Kelly Pugliano


Photo by Kelly Pugliano

Me and Grandpa after my 1500m.
Photo by Kelly Pugliano

No comments:

Post a Comment